Skip to main content

So long 2014!



It's been a challenging year for me both personally and professionally. I have learnt more about myself in the last 12 months than in my entire life. I am about to take a major leap in my professional life to pursue my dreams. I have been making a few do-or-die decisions lately. This is born of my realisation that I'm not guaranteed a next time, or a soon or any kind of future. My future is now- in this very moment. This realisation is both liberating and intimidating I should say.

I have a million and one dreams. Ok. Minus one because I finally fulfilled this one of having a blog. So I have a million dreams which I'm starting today already to achieve. 2015 will not make me a better person. It will not make me braver. I will do that by myself. So whatever I believe I can achieve in the new year, I can achieve today because the common denominator, me, hasn't changed.

So I'm walking into 2015 differently to how I walked into 2014- armed with the knowledge that I am all I need to fulfill my aspirations. There is no "when the time is right" or "when I've saved up enough". I'm going all in, win or lose. This is quite scary because the last time I said that, 3 weeks ago, I found out the The Great Love is permanently leaving the country after all of 4 days since our first date where fairytale magic was enjoyed. Inevitably there was a magnificent crash and burn a week later when he left. But here is the thing, I have no regrets. Absolutely none. That week and five days were the very best I've had this entire year. I'll live through this and I'll get over it but I have spared myself the pain of regret and I am glad. I am not wondering what it would have been like,
I'm not stuck idealizing and imagining. I know that even when I'm an old granny, I'll look back at this time with a twinkle in my eye and a sweet smile because I chose no-regrets.

So here is to 2015. For the various trials I'll overcome and triumphs I'll enjoy. May you go into it with an open mind and a grateful heart. You are here. Make that count.

Blessings to you and yours in the new year.

Comments